DEFT Payment Systems

Operated by Macquarie Bank since 1995, DEFT Payment Systems offers a simple, easy and secure way to make your rental payments to Rent Complete. You can make payments online when it suits you, anywhere, anytime.


(PH) 1800 67 21 62


Office of Housing

The Office of Housing is a division of the Department of Human Services. It provides housing services including the Bond Loan Scheme and public rental housing to eligible Victorian residents. For further information contact your closest Housing Office (listed in the White Pages A-K under Human Services, Housing Services).


(PH) 1300 650 172 (local call charge)



(TTY) 13 36 77 then ask for 1300 650 172


Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV)

The REIV is the peak industry association representing Victorian estate agents.

(PH) 1800 061 218 (country callers)

(PH) (03) 9205 6666




Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA)

The RTBA holds all residential tenancy bonds as a trustee for tenants and landlords. The RTBA can only repay bonds if both the tenant and the landlord agree, or as directed by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) or a court.

Locked Bag 007

Wendouree Victoria 3355

(PH) 1300 13 71 64 (local call charge)

(FAX) (03) 8684 6299




Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)

VCAT operates like a court but is not as formal, and deals with a wide range of issues, including disputes arising from the Residential Tenancies Act.

55 King Street

Melbourne Victoria 3000

GPO Box 5408CC

Melbourne Victoria 3001

(PH) (03) 9628 9800

(PH) 1800 13 30 55 (country callers, free call)

(FAX) (03) 9628 9822



Renting a Home Guide

Click here to view our guide