During a tenancy, tenants, landlords and First National Bentleigh have various rights and responsibilities. These include:
First National Bentleigh offers the easy to use DEFT Payment System to help you pay your rent.
The DEFT Payment System is a quick, easy and secure way to pay your rent. The DEFT Payment System provides you with the options of paying by credit card or direct debit from your nominated account. BPay can be done online or over the telephone and we will provide you with your unique reference number and biller code.
To find out more and register for DEFT, visit www.deft.com.au
It is important that you:
If any rental payments are late or not made, you may be in breach of your tenancy agreement. If rent is 14 days or more behind, First National Bentleigh will issue you a 14-day Notice to Vacate.
As part of our service to our landlords, First National Bentleigh will conduct regular periodic inspections on the property after the first 3 months of the tenancy then 6 monthly thereafter. You will be notified in writing prior to this inspection. We encourage you to be present so you can notify us of any concerns you have regarding the property.
Repairs and Maintenance
During a tenancy, repairs and maintenance fall under two categories: urgent repairs and non-urgent repairs.
Please advise First National Bentleigh of any repairs or maintenance required as soon as possible.
First National Bentleigh will respond immediately
to your calls for urgent repairs.
Urgent repairs include:
EMERGENCY CONTACT: ROSE KOUTOUMAS: 0407 034 657
- A burst water service
- A blocked or broken toilet system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided to First National Bentleigh for hot water, water, cooking, heating or laundering.
- Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply.
- Any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure.
- An appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted.
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase.
In the event of non-urgent repairs, it will be necessary to write to First National Bentleigh informing us of the nature of the repair.
To find out more about your rights and responsibilities during a tenancy, please Contact Us